The Good Hotel …yes that’s its name …is a hip San Francisco hotel that practices philanthropy and believes in doing good for the planet. The Eco-friendly hotel’s good décor features reclaimed and recycled construction materials… and more. The Good Hotel is as fun as it is inventive. You’ll find humorous touches like “Be Good” written on the walls of your room…
Good Hotel is located in the city-center just south of Market Street, in the SOMA district, one of San Francisco’s young and most stylish good areas. SOMA offers nightlife, artist lofts, and urban chic good shopping…San Francisco style. The first main street south of Market is Mission …Good Hotel is at 7th street at Mission.
If you are a San Francisco virgin, Market Street is the main diagonal thoroughfare slicing through the city-center extending from the S.F Bay waterfront Embarcadero (edge) southwest to the Twin Peaks area …there winding around the hills and ending a few miles from the Pacific Ocean on the west side of the San Francisco Peninsula.
THE San Francisco “Don’t” …don’t call it ‘Frisco’ …it is either called San Francisco or “The City”. …No sense alienating the locals who are very protective and proud of their home …and for good reason …it is special and unique.
The Good Hotel’s philanthropic partner in the ‘You Can Make a Difference‘ program is ‘One Brick’ …a grass roots volunteer organization …it provides support to hundreds of local non-profit and community organizations. Good stuff.
Perfect “travel-wear” for San Francisco is Casualmere® brand bamboo clothing. The long sleeve tops are perfect for “The City” weather …unexpectedly cool and/or unexpectedly warm… Casualmere® is great for both. You will be delighted. It is easy to pack in only one carry-on suitcase too, and that’s good.
Good Hotel’s “Green” efforts include:
- Energy efficient light bulbs in all rooms.
- A rain reserve that catches rain water from the roof used to water our plants.
- All organic cleaning materials.
- Optional re-use program for sheets and towels.
- Plants on-site that require little water and are native to the area.
- Recycled local materials as the hardwood for the bed frames to chandeliers made from recycled glass water bottles.
- Disposable materials in the restaurant are bio-degradable.
- Dispensers instead of individual containers for our bath products to cut down on waste.
- Bicycles are available to guests that are free to use in an effort to promote the use of bicycles in The City.
- Free parking for hybrid or biodiesel vehicles is available, which is good news to eliminate the search for parking in The City.
There are a ton of good things to do in San Francisco including a must-do day trip across the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito for lunch…car needed.
If The Good Hotel sounds good then go to the Good Hotel web site and check out all the good stuff yourself…OK …Good.
AND if you enjoyed this blog please “Share” it with friends and “Like” it for us.