- Bamboo is the fastest growing plant on earth.
- Bamboo produces 30% more oxygen …and a larger biomass …than a hardwood forest of comparable size …while improving watersheds …preventing erosion …restoring soil …providing sweet edible shoots …and removing toxins from contaminated soil.
- Ecologists promote bamboo as a renewable source used for building materials as well as food and clothing.
- Many promote bamboo planting for erosion prevention …and to reverse the effects of global warming.
- Bamboo helps reduce carbon dioxide gases. Carbon dioxide is a known cause of global warming. Some bamboo sequesters up to 12 tons of carbon dioxide per hectare (A hectare of land is about 2.47 acres according to Wikipedia.), which makes it a highly efficient plant, and conducive to fresh air.
- Bamboo is a natural water control barrier. Because of its wide-spread root system and large canopy, bamboo greatly reduces rain run off, prevents massive soil erosion and keeps twice as much water in a watershed. Bamboo helps reduce water pollution due to its high nitrogen consumption, making it a solution for excess nutrient uptake of wastewater from manufacturing, livestock farming and sewage treatment.
- Bamboo can restore degraded lands. It is a pioneering plant and can be grown in soil damaged by overgrazing and/or poor agriculture. Proper harvesting does not kill the bamboo plant, so topsoil is held in place. Because of its dense litter on the forest floor it feeds topsoil, restoring healthy agricultural lands for generations to come.
- Casualmere® brand is made from 100% bamboo, viscose made from bamboo.
- Casualmere® is perfect for travel wear and is a luxury Eco-brand… treat yourself.
AND-if you enjoyed this blog please “Share” it with friends… buy them a Casualmere® T-shirt …and “Like” it for us.