Because we love the facts that bamboo is:
- The fastest growing land plant.
- Produces 10x the mass of cotton for an equal growing area.
- Renews itself for harvesting naturally in only 3-4 years.
- Requires NO fertilizers and NO pesticides to grow.
- Produces an extremely soft fabric, that is washable, skin friendly, and elegant.
- Bamboo converts 150% more carbon dioxide into oxygen than trees.
…So Casualmere® makes shirts from 100% bamboo as our source.
If one searches for bamboo clothing internationally you will find the U.S. fairly far down the list. A national infrastructure that subsidizes cotton financially has hindered widespread awareness of bamboo fabric’s appeal, and the Eco friendliness of bamboo as a fabric source.
Yes, raw bamboo is treated in a viscose process to get fiber, but that process is contained and uses lye, which is a common yet carefully overseen chemical. In the pantheon of fiber production bamboo is hugely Eco desirable over petroleum based polyester and most commercial cotton. The bottom-line being bamboo fabric is an Eco and Luxury fabric to be compared to silk in quality, not cotton or wool or polyester.
Casualmere offers only 100% bamboo sourced shirts. The first developed products were knit T-shirts for women and men in a jersey (smooth) knit which one can find at www.casualmere.com where we ship your orders Free. We also make men’s button-front (or button-up) woven shirts in our mini-herringbone twill fabric for a luxury shirt.
Please be aware of bamboo as a great fiber to be next to your skin and give it a try in your wardrobe.
And if you enjoyed this post please ‘share’ it and ‘Like’ us in Facebook.